Saturday, September 8, 2007

Stinkin' Thinkin'

When I was a young Christian I heard of a motivational speaker named, Zig Ziglar and I thought he was wonderful. He knows how to motivate you, get you to thinkin' and help you to correct your "stinkin' thinkin' ". Well lately, I've been going through some real 'stinkin' thinkin'. I have been down in the dumps, and I haven't really been able to pull myself out.

Things around my house are stressful, but the stuff going on around here probably is no different than in anyone else's home, with a teenager going throgh a rebellious stage, a preschooler going through a "I need you stage". I need to get it together if I want to have good relationships with the people in my life.

My best friend suggested I try some St. John's Wart to tackle some of the depression. I haven't been able to bring myself to take any yet, although I did buy some. I need to do something, since I can hardly stand to be in the same room with myself! So when Sarah suggested we go to the service at Fellowship Church if we were in the area, I decided to go....the Sermon/Series title is ineed2change.com and I definately need 2 change! It was very a motivational service and got me to thinking even more. I'll be attending the whole series and by the end of it I believe that my 'stinkin' thinkin' will be gone.

I'll keep you updated and if you happen to think about me in the next few weeks prayers would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

I'm so glad you came to the service. I know God will continue to speak to you and help you out of the "funk". Next service, please introduce yourself to Sarah and me (we are usually on the front row together on Sat. at 6:30) We will both also be at Flavour on Tues. morning 12-1, as discussed in the service.

I also wanted to mention that my husband is the Sr. High pastor at Fellowship and would love to see meet your teenager/ and help them plug into the youth ministry. They have a very cool series going on Wed. nights at 7:30. Please contact me if interested.

I will be praying for you.

koinonia community said...

Hey Ann! Been there - a few times! It gets so frustrating. I made it through though, and know you will too. I will pray that God will continue to place people in your path to help you find the way through the darkness.