Monday, December 7, 2009

Trying To Establish New Routine

We are finally offically all moved in. I am down to unloading 5 boxes and getting the bookcases and cabinets organized. Those things will hopefully happen this week! Today is the first day I have been home since last Tuesday. It seems this time of year gets even busier than my normal! I am usually home on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, but this week that schedule didn't happen. I'm hoping that I can be home a bit more for the rest of the month. I have to make sure we are completely organized and situated by the first of January when we need to hit the books again for school.

The first week of November I decided homeschooling and preparing for a move just were not a smart combination so I decided we would take some time off for the holidays and the move, but by the time January rolls around I think we will both be ready to establish a routine of doing school! Already he is starting to get a little bored, since it is sooooo stinkin' cold right now and we don't have a place for him to just run and play, but I think he's adapting pretty well. Moving for kids is really difficult and I think last week was his most challenging. He was moody, and angry about various things. Today he has seemed more "normal" playing hockey in the living room and playing with his toys in his room.

I need to establish some new routines for myself, too since I am having a hard time exercising at night now. Bedtime seems to be getting later and later for both dh and That Other Kid, so by the time the house is quiet and ready for me to exercise it is after 10:30 and I'm ready to go to sleep myself! So when do you exercise? How do you manage to do it with kiddos in the house? I can't even imagine doing it with more than 1 rugrat and I know there are many of you that have more, so tell me your secrets, k?

Well it's time for me to get off my duff and get some more boxes unpacked, laundry folded and the kitchen cleaned up! I have spent far too much time on the computer catching up with everyone today...now it's time to get busy! Hope ya'll are having a good Monday!!

No comments: