Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another Hockey Weekend




Holiday weekends are usually spent at the Ice Rink for Hockey Tournaments and this weekend was no different. We played 4 games this weekend and only won 1 game. I was very disappointed. We have a lot of good talent on our team, as well as what I believe is a talented coaching staff....but we just don't seem to have what it takes to win games when we are "under the gun". The players on the team seem to be more interested in pounding someone into the ground than playing hockey....what is it with these 17 and 18 year old boys??? Oh well, I guess I should look at it from the bright side -- That Kid loves playing in a sport that he is good at and he is learning from it.

That Other Kid did well this weekend....he loves to watch his big brother play hockey and he knows the game pretty well considering he's not quiet 4 years old. Today during the game he played with a couple of siblings of a team mate. And I am THANKFUL for these boys. I didn't see That Other Kid for nearly 2 hours and I KNEW HE WAS SAFE IN THE RINK WITH kids that would not allow him to get hurt, or run off with people that he didn't know!! Believe me it is a blessing to watch a hockey game without answering a MILLION questions!!! Thank you GOD for the blessing of siblings that LOVE playing with That Other Kid!

No comments: