Saturday, November 10, 2007

Teen Job

Today I am thankful that That Kid has such a wonderful job. He is a USA Hockey Official. He has had this job now for 3 years and he is moving up in the ranks already. These photos were taken at some youth level games at the American Airlines Center, where the Dallas Stars Hockey Team plays. He was chosen to be an official for these games because of his respected position within the local association. He works numerous games every weekend and has quiet a hefty bank account to show for his efforts. Very few teens have jobs they actually LOVE to do/go to, but he is one of them.

My job's as a teenager were certainly not this exciting!!! I was a babysitter, a fast food employee, numerous times over, and I worked at Woolco (I'm dating myself here, huh??) and Kmart. Boy, those are exciting jobs, huh???? Ya know we always want better for our kids than we had it and in this case he certainly has achieved!!! Thank you God for this opportunity for my son.



Did you have a cool job when you were a teenager?????

1 comment:

koinonia community said...

I mucked stalls and fed at a stable. Oh, and braided horses manes and tails for shows. The mucking and feeding helped with my horses board, the braiding helped pay for college. I did ALOT of braiding! Glamorous, huh?!

Oh yeah, and worked at Subway.