Saturday, March 31, 2012

Motivation Board - SpringN2Action




I realize its been a while since I have posted but I've been busy and haven't had much to say! I'm making up for it tonight with this great motivation board idea from The Sisterhood of Shrinking Jeans

At the beginning of February Bari started doing pushups, situps, and planks for the February FabAb workout. The workout gradually increased up to 100 situps, 35 pushups and a plank for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I started out doing it and felt good but then I got a sinus infection with a double ear infection and gave up on myself. I quit...I was mad at myself. I was frustrated with my body and plan ol' aggravated.


This was me at the end of February...so I wanted to change that!!


February 27th, I started lifting weights following this plan. I am doing it with a wonderful group of women and it has done more for me than build my muscles. It has built my confidence!


Then March approached and Lissa put together the #6PackMarch workout. It was the same workout only a couple of days longer! Even though I was committed to doing a weights workout with some of the other wonderful ladies from the Sisterhood I decided I wanted to prove to myself that I could do this! So I signed up and started doing it. Some of my #Ironsisters told me to use caution. Don't do too much, I was out to prove to myself that I could follow through and do this.


Tonight I FINISHED IT!! AND just for the heck of it and so I could have visual proof that I am stronger than I think I am I took video of it!

Tonight I did 100 SITUPS!! 35 modified PUSHUPS!!! and a 2 minute 30 second PLANK!!! I FREAKIN' DID IT!!!









Some of you may be asking what does this have to do with the motivation board but let me tell you it has ALOT to do with it. See I usually give up on myself when things get hard. I usually think since I'm not in my 20's or 30's or even early 40's that I can't do "it"!! Whatever the heck "it" is! It really doesn't matter what that "it" is. I usually talk myself out of it but what this did was prove to myself that just because I'm not in my 20's or 30's I can still do something that is HARD for everyone!!

After watching the videos I realized that my butt was too far up in the air for the plank and that I need to work on the pushups a bit more so I don't fade out toward the end but hey, I did them! I completed the month long challenge and I'm proud of myself!

I'm busting my tail so that That Other Kid will always think it is a good thing to try new things, work hard to accomplish his goals, and want to be active! I want to be a good example to him!! This afternoon he got the skateboard that he has been asking for since he was 3 and he wasn't afraid to try something hard! He looks pretty happy and I want to look that happy when I try something hard and new!!




I want to always remember this day. I want to always remember how good I felt after doing this month long challenge! I want to remember that if I decide to do it I CAN DO IT!!

4 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

You are awesome, Ann and I totally understand your motivation board.

Andy said...

WOOT WOOT!! Youare amazing! Way to go.

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

Ann, I am so freaking proud of you!!!! You're amazing!!

-christy

Charlotte said...

WTG. What motivation:-)