Friday, March 9, 2012

It's Been Awhile....

Here I am again with a few minutes to spend on the computer. I just finished working out with the New Rules of Lifting for Women and I'm finding it a nice change. I have always hated working out with weights and I've always avoided it like the plague!

But...I'm finding that sometimes I need to push myself out of my comfort zone and this is one of them. I am lifting weights at home 3 times a week following the plan set forth in the book. It's challenging and I'm having to improvise some since I don't have weight machines but I am getting a good challenging workout every time.

I'm also doing the #6Pack March workout that is going on over at the Sisterhood. It's like the #FabAb February workout I was doing in February till I got sick and gave up on it. I finished day 9 today and I'm not gonna lie, it was hard to do it all but that's ok to push myself, right?

I've also decided that it is time to make some drastic changes in my diet so this coming week I am going to make a MENU Plan and FOLLOW IT! That's right....I'm going to write out a menu and I'm going to follow it. On my menu? Lots of fruits and veggies and lean meats and a few whole grains and not much else. I need to break through this plateau I have been on far too long.

I'm also going to add in some cardio which I haven't been doing in some time. That should help me too.

On a totally different note, I'm gonna brag a little on My Marine! He has been at his Military Operations School (meaning he is learning his job for the Marines) since the 28th of February and today he sent me a text saying he is number 1 in his "detachment" with a score of 98.45%!! He is training for Combat Photography which according to what I understand is a very cool job in the military. He also received a promotion last Thursday. He is now a Private First Class and if he graduates at the top of his class he will receive another promotion in June. I'm so proud of him! He has finally found something he loves and is excelling at it!

Ok...it's late and I have a full day of lesson plans to tackle tomorrow so I need to get to bed. Just wanted to spend a few minutes chatting with anyone listening. Btw, thanks for all the nice comments a couple of weeks ago when I was so down about my blog. It really is nice to know someone is out there reading! Thanks y'all!

Have a great weekend....

1 comment:

Andy said...

Sounds like a great plan for the upcoming week! I've never tried weights, so it will be interesting to see how you make out. what kind of improvising are you doing?

And way to go for your Marine! Great job.