Monday, December 3, 2007

I Had High Hopes

A couple of weeks ago I talked about the exciting possibilities of actually being ready for Christmas well before the big day. Let me tell you IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN! It's 22 days till Christmas and 16 days till That Other Kids birthday and I have barely touched the edge of Christmas/birthday purchases. The house is not decorated, Christmas cards are not addressed, the Christmas letter I had hoped to write this year still isn't even in the draft form. I also want to get the boys' picture taken again this year...the list goes on and on.
The days just seem to fly by....you know. I get up about 8 every day and I lay around till 10, cuz I can't function that early, then I have breakfast to fix, shower to take, laundry to start, and whatever else is on the agenda for the day and the stuff for Christmas just slips on past me.

So... how are you doing on your Christmas preparations???

1 comment:

koinonia community said...

We have a tree up. Nothing purchased yet, though. But we don't buy much. Of course it will all get done, even if we feel we are going to blow a gasket the whole time leading up to it. =D