Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tiny Tot -- Sickness




Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting! If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor! Check out more Tiny Talks with Mary.


Today I decided to waste a little more time on the computer and actually write a post! I know, I know....I'm busy with packing and stuff but it's gonna be short, and I want to share the joys of illness with the world! Yesterday afternoon That Other Kid was pretty normal -- skating around the house, playing legos, watching movies, begging me to play games with him (which I did while signing up for phone/internet/cable service online)!! Gott love modern technology!

Fast forward to 6 p.m.-- That Other Kid says his "allergies" are bothering him and he's tired. He actually asked me if it was time for bed!!?? Ok, that should have been the first signal that he didn't feel good, but I was on the computer dealing with moving stuff! Next thing I know he's being quiet and I look over and he's curled up in the rocking chair ASLEEP!! Oh man!! What is up with that?? At 6:40 p.m. he's still asleep so I move him to his bed. He doesn't wake up and he's BURNING with fever! Oh no!! It's gonna be a long night (and it was!). At 8 p.m. he woke up thinking it was MORNING time...before he could even walk out of his room he vomits on the bedroom floor (carpet of course). I guess the good thing is we are leaving this house in 1 week so I won't have to clean it!! The landlords need to replace carpet so, whatever!

After calming him down he proceeds to tell me he "got sicks on him". I took him to the bathroom, had him pee, changed his clothes into jammies, then let him come out to the living room. I gave him some Zyrtec, and some Tylenol and let him have a piece of bread. I got him back to bed and asleep about 9:30 p.m. Not bad, if I do say so myself!

About 11:30 he woke up again and "got sicks" but this time he made it to the bathroom! He wanted to sleep in bed with me, but I wasn't ready for bed yet, so made him sleep in his own bed and promised I would stay with him till he went to sleep.
About 2:30 a.m. he woke up again and this time I let him sleep with me -- for about an hour when he "got sickies" again -- this time in my bedroom floor! See a pattern here?? Getting out of bed seems to be bad for my floors!

I told him I would sleep with him if he wanted company and he informed me "that you are too big to sleep in my bed, but when you get skinny maybe you can!!" Wow!! That's definitely a good reason to get "skinny"!

Got him back to his bed until about 6 a.m. when he "got sickies" again....bathroom again! He slept with me till 8:30 when he declared it was "time to get up"!! He got up and laid on the couch until about 15 minutes ago...(1 p.m.)he hasn't vomited anymore but the fever is still there! UGH!! Not what I need 1 week to move time!

Well I gotta go...gotta get some more packing done and try to get That Other Kid healthy again! So much to do, so little time!!

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Awww...poor kiddo...hope the "sicks" are all gone now!