Monday, August 16, 2010

I Have 20 Minutes So Bare With Me

Blogging at home (heck sitting at my computer at home) has been a bit of a challenge lately and I really miss my computer time but my family and my sleep is my important so for now I will probably be blogging from my phone during my lunch breaks. Not ideal but better than not at all. Just excuse typos and grammar errors, please since my phone is meant for texting not blogging. Anywho, I wanted to let ya'll know I am still around just not very visible. I have been consistent with my exercise (doing 14 of the last 16 days of the 30 Day Shred) and going to the gym for my 5k training. I can run 5 minutes now (most times) when I try it. Next time I go (probably tomorrow) I am supposed to run 8 minutes.....I have to tell myself, "I can" because right now that seems pretty daunting to me. One thing I am learning while training for this is that I have to eat RIGHT! This weekend I ate some crappy food then I went to the gym and tried to run. I didnt do well at all. I couldnt finish the whole workout and I was able to the previous time. Needless to say food is an important part of my running and training. I just have to remember thqt while I am eating or getting ready to eat! I worked with That Other Kid today and we did school. Not our best school day, but I am happy to report that I finally "taught' him something from his math curriculum - place values! He is so good in math that most times he "knows" what is being presented already. He just has the math gene or something! Not from me though!
Well I gotta go lunch is almost over. Talk to ya'll later!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

5 minutes without stopping huh? :) isn't it amazing how far (and how quickly) that plan progresses. great job on all your hard work