Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm So Honored!!

Every Sunday over at the Sisterhood of Shrinking Jeans we do a spotlight on one of the "Sisters" that are part of this amazing blog. I LOVE reading about these women and finding out more about some of the women I have lost contact with over the past 6 months while working. I don't get much time to just sit and read blogs and comment and 'hang out' on the computer like I did before working full time. Boooooo!!!

Anyhoo, all week I have been suffering with an ear infection/burst ear drum and this weekend I started really getting the "blahs"...still not feeling well, starting to feel that if I don't get well soon I'm not going to be able to run my 5K coming up on October 2nd, etc. On Facebook last night I posted in my status that I had the blahs and I was hoping Betty Crocker's Brownies would help pull me through (and no they didn't but thanks for asking!) Just a few minutes later Melissa yelled (not really) at me to step away from the brownies -- they wouldn't help! That's what I looooove about the Sisterhood! Always someone there to help me!! Just for the record there are still brownies left and I am leaving them for dh to eat tonight while I go to work...No more brownines for me...they didn't help and it only made me feel more guilty.

So, this morning I get up, get bombarded by some "stuff" and still feel physically bad but know that in a while I have to go to work. I sit down with my breakfast of Greek yogurt, apples with almonds (it's really pretty good and very good for you...try it!) at the computer. Check emails, nothing of significance, go to Facebook, cuz everyone knows that is the next best thing to being with friends, right? So I'm reading status updates and I come upon the Sisterhood's Status update. I looked at it and I start crying! Why would I cry just by reading a status update from the Sisterhood, you ask?





Because I am the Sisterhood's Sister Spotlight this week! The things Christy wrote about me made me cry!! Seriously I just sat there with my yogurt and cried. I tell ya these ladies at the Sisterhood are the BEST friends a girl could ever have!!
I hope to one day meet these ladies so I can tell them in person what they have done for me....of course they probably won't be able to understand me because of all the tears but maybe I will be able to calm down momentarily and get it out!!

I LOVE you guys....Thanks for all that you do and all that you are doing for me and others just like me! I seriously would have "thrown in the towel" long ago if it had not been for ya'll!!

So...go check out the Sisterhood if you haven't already and support these great people! They deserve it!!

3 comments:

Christy M. said...

Ann, I'm so glad we made your day! I truly admire you for all that you've been through in the past 6 months. Seriously, you've tried so hard and that fact that you didn't throw in the towel is so admirable. Stress is such a killer, and you've had more than your fair share.

I want you to know how much you mean to me, and the Sisterhood. You are AMAZING. You can do ANYTHING you set your mind too. Don't ever dream of giving up, because if you do, I'll make that drive to Dallas and kick your butt back into gear!

I love you!!!!!

Sincerely Anna said...

You are amazing, Ann!! You've been such an encouragement to me and I hope you feel uplifted from being spotlighted. Christy wrote a wonderful post about you!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

That is so great! I love the Sisterhood too. I used to be real active in it a year ago when I was trying to lose my baby weight. But now I am back, and I'm your team mate! This new challenge is going to be great!
Anyway stopping by to say hello! :)