Over at the Sisterhood they offer an opportunity every Tuesday to confess your sins...kind of a cleansing before our weekly weigh in (check in). It's been a while since I participated; partly due to time constraints, partly due to "just don't wanna" constraints!
We are getting ready for the newest and BEST EVER WEIGHTLOSS CHALLENGE and I feel the need to air my dirty little secrets before it gets started. They say confession is good for the soul and I need to be free of some "junk in my trunk" not to mention I need to clear my conscience before tomorrow morning! Bullet points seem appropriate for such confessions so that will be my method...not necessary in any particular order...
* I was sick with a bust ear drum/ear infection for a little more than 2 weeks. During this time I did little more than moan and groan about how miserable I was.
* I did manage to work during some of those days which involves a lot of walking but not what I would call real exercise.
* I ate whatever I wanted during these 2 weeks including A LOT of fast food and MASSIVE amounts of COKE...my major weakness!
* I thought of quitting my training for the 5K that I am running with my brother on October 2 numerous times during my sick time but I thought he had already registered us and I didn't want to disappoint him, so I decided to suck it up and continue my training. This morning I found out he hasn't registered us yet, but I already decided quitting isn't an option (although I really wanted to just say NO I CAN'T DO THIS, I DIDN'T)!!
* Working Full Time and getting anything else done is REALLY HARD!! How do you people do this all the freakin' time??? I am soooooo ready to quit, but it's not in the budget yet!
* This weekend when I started feeling good I decided to start eating better. Once of the most important things to do to eat healthier is to increase your fiber....I think I over did it. I have spent MUCH time in the bathroom, trying to regulate my system, ifyouknowwhatimean! Because my body is still regulating I spent much of my limited workout time today in the bathroom at the gym. It frustrated me and made me mad. How do I train for my 5K, eat right and not blow my workout times by spending all that time in the bathroom?? Ideas??
* While I was sick I drank entirely too many cokes and I decided to STOP AGAIN. I didn't have any on Sunday and did ok but by 1 am when I got off work I had a massive headache, that didn't go away on Monday. Finally I broke down and had a coke Monday afternoon so the withdrawal headache would go away. By 6 p.m. I was feeling fine again. Gotta solve the caffeine withdrawal problem if I'm going to give up cokes again! I don't drink coffee and I don't drink tea without lots of sugar, so I need a NO calorie, nothing bad for me kind of caffeine source. Any ideas???
For lunch today I WANTED a SALAD!! Yes, that's right I actually wanted to eat something that is good for me!! My dh was a little shocked! In a good way, of course!!
Ok..that's all the confession time I have for today...gotta get a shower and ready for work.