Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some Good Confessions

Today is 10 days into the new year...about the time I usually cave in on my resolutions or weight loss journey. Today is the day that I usually just decide I can't do this anymore. Today is usually a hard day to do the right things in my journey and then I figure if I can't do it longer than 10 days then I obviously can't do this. In other words I give up on myself.

HOWEVER, I am happy to say that today was a new day! It was a new year! Not only did I NOT give up on myself today but I had a major victory! If you've been around me long you know my love of ice cream! I passed this love on to "My Marine". Tonight after dinner (a new recipe yummy!) he said he wanted ice cream! I told him "we have chocolate ice cream in the freezer; help yourself." (Yes, chocolate ice cream has been in the freezer since the beginning of the year and I haven't had any!!) He said he didn't really want that. I had to go out to run an errand and was going to be near Braums so I asked him if he wanted that. He said, "yes." Then I asked the hubby if he wanted ice cream since he has been asking for junk food for the past week or so. He wanted it too! So I ran my errand and went through the Braums drive thru and ordered 2 (not 3) ice cream mixes!! Victory for ME!!

And in reality it wasn't even a temptation. I smelled it all the way home and wasn't tempted to even have a sample! Whooohoo!

In other confessions for the week...I have been doing really well following the low glycemic index plan. Basically if it's lower than 55 on the GI list I can eat it. If its higher than 55 I can't! And surprisingly it hasn't been too difficult while eating at home. BUT...Saturday I was out all day doing a fundraiser for the Komen 3 Day that I am gearing up for. So I went to Subway thinking that would be a great choice for food. It was, except the sandwich wasn't enough so instead of ordering the chips which is what I normally would do I ordered the yogurt parfait. It tasted great and added something to my sandwich to make me fuller. BUT...after I got home and logged it into MyFitnessPal I found out it was very high in SUGAR! UGH! Oh well, I moved on and just took it for what it was. The best choice for me at the time (best I could tell!)

Other than that flub up on Saturday I have had a really great week. I have been getting plenty of water! This weeks 52 Weeks Challenge is to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep! I can really tell a big difference when I don't get enough sleep and it's an area I really struggle in so I'm glad this challenge is pushing me to sleep more!

I'm really excited to get on the scale tomorrow morning! This is new for me...as I haven't looked forward to the scale in some time.

I'm also moving up to Level 2 on the 30 Day Shred tomorrow morning and although I know it will hurt I am looking forward to it! I have done Level 1 of the workout every morning and I'm feeling like I am getting my exercise groove back! My plan is to continue with the Shred this month along with the ab work that I have been doing, but I feel that maybe I should do something else too, so I'm trying to figure out what to add to it.

2012 is gonna be my year!! How is your year going so far??

3 comments:

Andy said...

Way to go! You can keep this up well past the 10 day mark!

Jamie said...

Congrats on having faith in yourself to keep going. You are doing great and if your slip is a yogurt well then you are doing even better. :)

Brooke said...

good job ann! you made the best decision you could, given the knowledge that you have. certainly can't beat yourself up for that!