Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Body Clock Is All Messed Up....

I slept till 11 a.m. today (well really yesterday; Saturday) and got a decent amount of sleep but I was groggy feeling all day. My seasonal allergies are kicking me in the butt! I take medication for them but when they are in the extreme high range I still suffer like everyone else. Not to mention I have been kind of lax in remembering to take my medicine every day with my new routine and all. Anyhoo, I finally laid down on the couch to "snuggle" with That Other Kid about 5 p.m. and the next thing I know it is 6:45 and he's asking me if it's dinner time yet? Um, yeah is actually past dinner time...I guess I was tired!

Then I went and "laid down for a little bit" about 9:30 and the next thing I know it is 12 midnight and dh is coming to bed. I didn't know if I should get up and do something productive or just stay in bed. By the time dh went to sleep I was pretty much awake so I got up and started checking blogs, commenting, and generally wasting time. I wanted to exercise, but I'm not really sure if I should do it now or just go to bed. Decisions, decisions...

What did I manage to do on my 2 days off?? Not a whole heck of a lot. I slept a lot, got the oil changed in the truck (thanks to my friend who gave us cash money and Walmart gift cards Friday evening-- not to mention the groceries that probably adds up to at least another $100!), washed laundry (didn't fold yet), loaded the dishwasher, and blogged and commented on a bunch of my Sisters' blogs!

Not a real productive weekend if you ask me...I really want to exercise, but now I am tired again and know that I have to start back to work later tonight. With the allergy garbage I'm thinking I need to get some extra sleep. I hope that you had a more productive weekend and were able to get something more than laundry done!


Brooke said...

i worked a lot, with little to show for it, so i'm kinda in the same boat as you! hopefully your body will adjust quickly enough. and don't even get me started on allergies!

Karena said...

Your schedule, sleep and otherwise, is all bungled up to due to the new hours you're keeping. Hope you get into a rhythm soon! But I know it's difficult, too, with you homeschooling TOK.

Any decisions on that front? Is DH taking over on most of the homeschooling, or are you contemplating regular school? Difficult decisions, I know, but something's got to give. I can't imagine how stressful this has to be right now -- what a huge life change!

You're in my thoughts often, Ann. It's difficult for a h/s mom to contemplate sending her kid(s) to school. For my part, it's working wonderfully, and has really been a good decision for all of us.

Hope the decision is made evident to you as well, whatever that decision may be. Hugs to you, keep in touch.