Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Almost the End

It's nearly the end of 2011; in case you have been living in a hole somewhere and are unaware of the date, it is December 28th! That means there are only 3 days left to take advantage of 2011 and all it has to offer!

As for me I am looking forward to 2012 already! This year has been a very emotional year for me....lots of ups and downs. I'm ready to move on to 2012 so I can push through the things I have struggled with and hopefully move forward to a better year.

There have been great things that happened this year; namely the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure Walk and My Marine going through Marine Corp bootcamp and the graduation ceremony. He's home now on leave and it is so wonderful to have him home!

But, there have been downers too. I haven't lost weight this year. In fact (if I'm honest here) I've gained weight this year and this depresses me greatly. This must change!

Whatever it takes I must make 2012 the year I lose enough weight to hit my goal!

I have committed to walking the Komen 3 Day for the Cure again for 2012, but I also promised my husband I would lose weight before that time. It's for my health and necessary to make sure I am around for many years to come.

So I'm trying to come up with some workable plans. Something that will enable me to train for the walk AND lose weight! Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

I've started my fundraising efforts for the 2012 Walk for the Cure. If you donate this week you can still get a tax donation for your 2011 taxes!
Go here to donate!

2 comments:

Adah said...

I'm right there beside you on the weight lose or lack there of in 2011. Hubby and I just had a conversation about how I needed to lose weight for my health and to be around for years to come. He even tossed out the I quit smoking and am taking the meds the dr says I need for my health so you should do the same for yours. I hate it when he makes a good point! So here is to 2012...may it be the year of Ann and Adah!

Brooke said...

i would like to lose weight in 2012, but i'm not going to be too hard on myself if i don't.

as for doing another 3day, i'm sure you (better than any of us) realize how difficult it is to lose weight training for something like that. just listen to your body.