Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY IS FINALLY HERE!!!

**** Edited to add....That Kid went to the polls and voted!! I'm so pleased that he took advantage of his constitutional right!



Today is the day that most of the country has been waiting for for at least the past 6 months! Today is the day that WE, as a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, get to VOTE for the next president. Not only do we get to be a part of history but we get to have a voice in this election process.

This is an especially exciting election in our household....That Kid turned 18 this summer so this year he "GETS" to vote. He's not really excited about voting for this year's presidential candidates, I believe his exact words were "who cares?" However, dh and I talked to him last night and convinced him that this is one of his constitutional rights and a sign of being an "adult".... Being an adult is not just having the privilege of coming and going as you please it also means you take responsibility for your actions, and it also allows you to make certain decisions for yourself. But it also allows you to VOTE for our next president!! What a privilege we have in this country!! I just sent him a text telling him where to go to vote! He already knows who we suggested he vote for....but IT IS HIS RIGHT to vote for who he chooses...I just hope he goes and VOTES!!! DH and I voted last week during early voting....It took me about 30 minutes and dh about 45 minutes...and I know lines are going to be long....but isn't it wonderful that we have such freedom in this country that we "GET TO VOTE"??

And don't forget.....we also have the right to PRAY for the election!! I suggest we do that, too. It may be the most important part of the whole process today.

Thank you God for the privilege of voting in this country. I pray that the people of this country step up to the plate and vote for the next president of the United States. I also pray that you guide the hands of those voters to vote for the man who will lead this country for the next 4 years.

No comments: