Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hey

Just wanted to check in and say hi...Hope ya'll are having a good week. Just another crazy week in our house. Nothing especially interesting just normal stuff that my life is made of.

A couple of items of interest...I'm sleeping GOOD for the first time in who knows how long and I have energy I never dreamed of. I'm not tired 24/7 and it feels GREAT!! I'm beginning to accomplish some things around here and I'm able to run errands, exercise and be a normal mom.

Monday morning I got up and went to the gym with my friend and walked 2.25 miles!!! That's the most I've gone since I started exercising again the first of September and I probably could have gone more but since I had not exercised all week I decided that I didn't want to overdo it.

After exercising I went home and got the family organized then went to see Fireproof with my friend. If you haven't seen it yet, HURRY to your nearest theater and see it! It is worth the money to see it in the theater. My friend and I both enjoyed it and were convicted to make changes in how we treat our spouses. Later that evening I went to Lifeway and bought the book Love Dare, which is the premise behind the movie. I'm planning to start putting it into practice November 1 and I'm going to sit back and watch the changes that I know God will make happen!

Tuesday I took That Other Kid to karate class and there was a new little boy who joined class. It was nice to see the Little Dragons welcome a new participant in the class. It's also nice to see someone else join the class, since for the past few weeks there have only been 2 boys in the class. There are 2 more kids that have been coming, but they were absent for a few weeks and they are back now, too. Now we have 5 in class! It's good to have that competition and see how these 4, 5, and 6 year olds naturally compete with each other and work together all at the same time!

Today I helped a dear friend pack a few boxes for their upcoming move. They are moving on Saturday and it was bitter-sweet. I don't want to see this wonderful friend move, but her husband has been living and working in the Houston area now for 6 months so they need to get moved so they can be a family again.....but it was hard to see all their things being packed away. I'm truly going to miss them and I know that That Kid will miss their oldest son, as he was the first friend he made that lived in the area once we moved here nearly 5 years ago. They are planning to get together sometime between now and Saturday....I hope it happens! Diane, you will be missed!!!!! I will be praying for you! I love you!

Tomorrow I am planning to go VOTE since Texas has early voting available!! I don't want to take a chance that I might be busy next Tuesday and forget. This election is too important to skip it!Please make plans to Vote!! Remember every Vote counts!!

Well I guess that covers my week...I gotta go to bed...AND SLEEP, YEAH!!!

No comments: