Friday, December 19, 2008

The Best Day Ever~~!!!

That's what That Other Kid told me numerous times today. Today was his 5th birthday.....omg I cannot believe he is 5 years old! I remember vividly the hours before he was born, the day we brought him home from the hospital, and the Christmas that we celebrated just days after he was born!

But...today was the best day EVER!!

He woke up bright and early and came in to my room....at 7:25 a.m. and declared to me that "today is my birthday! Tell me happy birthday!!" So I did...and then I told him it was too early to get up so get in bed with me and daddy. He proceeded to talk, wiggle, and squirm till 8 a.m. when I told him to get up...so we don't wake daddy. I went to the couch and curled up with my blanket and pillow and snuggled with him till about 8:30 when he decided he had waited long enough to open presents! He went in and woke daddy and That Kid so he could open his presents. Daddy said he needed to take a shower and dress then he could open presents. After waiting FOREVER (actually about 30 minutes) he got to start opening presents! He had guessed 3 of the 5 presents, but still professed that the gifts were AWESOME!!

Then we went to Chuck-E-Cheese with his bff and That Kid, bff's brother and his girlfriend. They had a TON O'FUN and came out with more junk than they both knew what to do with!

After Chuck-E-Cheese we went home for a little while, then went to dinner at his favorite restuarant, Red Robin. We had to drive through a ton of traffic and he fell asleep in his car seat! He hasn't done that forever!! Then he woke up and was grumpy!!! After he had time to wake up more and eat some dinner, he was his normal happy self! We rushed out of Red Robin, and went to his HOCKEY GAME!! The last of this session...he walked in and proceeded to tell every boy and parent in the locker room that he is NOW 5 years old!! How proud he was!! They played their game and WON.... 7 - 1!! Then we went upstairs and had a little party. We handed out goody bags with cookies, brownies, a pencil and a ball! Everyone sang "happy birthday" to him and he was surprisingly shy...

After goodies some of the boys were playing tag and he got pushed down and bruised his elbow and got a rug burn....so now he doesn't like one of the little boys! Of course, just a few minutes before he was one of his best friends! He is ok, but apparently a bruised elbow nearly ruined the BESTEST DAY EVER!!

He was soooooooo tired I managed to get him to sleep only about 30 minutes later than his normal time, and we didn't even get home till 8:30 p.m.

Now I'm sitting here thinking how my baby is growing up....and thinking that his birth day was one of my 2 bestest days ever!


Chuck E Cheese ... and present from best friend!


His new Star Wars Light Saber...one of the presents he guessed!


Blowing out Number 5 candle after hockey game!

No comments: