Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Meme



Jolynne from Musings of a Housewife posted this great meme about Christmas. It sounded fun and I haven't done a meme in forever!! So here goes:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper unless I'm in a hurry!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real unless I'm just beyond rushed!! I LOVE the smell of a real tree!

3. When do you put up the tree? The first weekend of December!

4. When do you take the tree down? Right after the first of January, usually the first weekend.

5. Do you like eggnog? YUCK!!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The Christmas I was 11 my mom bought me a gift certificate to get my ears pierced!! I was sooo happy!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents and dh's mom and step-dad! They have everything they need! and never tell me what they want!

8. Easiest person to buy for? That Other Kid....he's going on 5 and wants EVERYTHING!!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, dh is an architect and is very picky about decorations and I've never found one he likes so we don't have one. I keep looking and hoping, though!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? USPS when I get them done in time!! I bought them right before Thanksgiving and haven't started on them yet....what is my problem???

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't really think of anything just awful...

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I got started this year BEFORE Thanksgiving....can ya believe it??? Normally it's the second or third week in December!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, unless you count the White Elephant gift exchange we did at dh's Christmas party a few years ago!!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mother-in-Law's Pumpkin Pie and my grandma's banana bread!

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, what is a tree without lights??? I like white ones that blink!

17. Favorite Christmas song? That too hard to narrow down to 1, how about 3 favorites??? Silent Night, Away in a Manger and Mary, Did You Know?

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel!! It isn't Christmas if we aren't with other family members and they all live everywhere but here!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon! Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen! But do you recall… the most famous reindeer of aaaaaaaaaall… Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! I copied from Jolynne, sorry!! I'm not sure I could do or not....

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star....we had an angel for a while but it kept falling over so we got a star instead!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One per person on Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas morning!!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas decorations put out too early. And all the bickering about whether you can say Merry Christmas or not!!??? Come on it's Christmas!! The time of Christ's birth...it's not a holiday it's a HOLY DAY!!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love my Victorian Ornaments...but they don't really go with the "family" traditional ornaments, so we usually alternate throughout the years. We have lots of variety....Seseme Street, hockey guys, and your traditional glass balls!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Getting the family together!! Of course that may be a given!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I've told my dh that I want a Wii Fit Complete set...I have to lose this weight and anything that will help, I want it!!

No comments: