* I'm doing training walks for the Komen 3 Day Walk for the Cure on the weekends now. I have to get up at 4:15 am to be ready to walk at 5 am on both Saturday and Sunday! I'm a night owl so this is HARD for me! Once I get going I'm doing fine but the mental aspect of getting up before the sunrise is hard on me.
* I walked almost 16 miles this weekend and I got blisters on the BALLS of my feet! This is WITH the new shoes and new socks that were supposed to prevent issues with my feet!
* Yesterday I could barely walk, my feet were so sore! On top of that I was exhausted because Sunday night I got less than 4 hours of sleep....after having only got 4 or 5 each night of the weekend! Last night I crashed at 10:30 and I crashed HARD!! The only reason I stayed up that long was because I wanted to spend some time foam rolling my legs and soaking my feet in Epsom Salts!!
* Today I felt more normal! I'm planning to do my boot camp workout that I had wanted to do last night...it will only be Week 3, Day 3, but I am happy to say that I have been sticking with it and doing them...that is a good thing in my opinion!
* I'm doing well with my walk training but as I was telling one of the women on my training walk the fundraising for the Komen 3 Day is what is scary to me! She reminded me that we still have 3 1/2 months so just do what I can to get the word out and the money will come in!
* Since I started these training walks I have been STARVING!! From what a lot of you have said this is normal but I really don't feel like I can afford to eat that many calories! I'm supposed to be losing weight!! I have goals, people!!
* This is birthday week -- my oldest son turned 21 Sunday and my birthday is tomorrow, so this week has been less than stellar in the food department! I celebrated Sunday with dinner out, we went out tonight for his birthday and some friends are taking me out tomorrow night, so I've been eating ALOT of food this week, although I did use a lot of calories this weekend, I'm still behind on my calories spent category! That isn't good!! Having my child turn 21 has been rather emotional for me! Realizing that he is really a GROWN UP is hard for me!! I think not having him home to really celebrate was harder, too!
* Earlier today I got another blow from him....he WAS scheduled to leave for Marine bootcamp on September 19th, but today he got a call from his recruiter telling him that if he passes the physical test on Friday morning (where he has to run 1.5 miles in 13 minutes, do 3 pull ups, and a bunch (I can't remember how many) of situps in a minute then he leaves AUGUST 8th!! I'm not worried about him passing this part of the training so that means he's off sooner than I am prepared for! AGH!! That's less than 2 weeks away!!
* I was ready for September but August....that's too stinkin' soon!! I may need therapy! and lots of HUGS!!
I guess that's all...I'm sure theres more but I need to go so I can #Tworkout some before bootcamp!!