Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Final Post for Burst Into Summer

Thank God this challenge with ShrinkingJeans is over. I have to admit to being less than enthusiastic with this challenge. It's been a long, hot summer with lots of excuses for me to NOT lose the weight that I really wanted to this summer. There's always something, right?? Anyway, so here is the scoop. I started losing weight in March of 2009 and weighed in at 226.8. At the beginning of this challenge I weighed 194.6 Today I weighed 198.2 Kind of went the wrong way during this challenge -- supposed to be a WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE not a weight gain one, right? Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on this. I'm going to move past it and get my head in the game. I'm planning to participate in the next challenge with the Sisterhood that will start September 28th. My goal at this point is to lose weight over this month so that I can start the next challenge weighing LESS than I do right now. Shouldn't be too hard if I really apply myself....but that seems to be the problem for me right now. Onward and DOWNWARD I like to say. My Marine just signed his paperwork for his MOS (which in marine talk is his job) and has an "official" leave date of September 19th. Please pray that this MOS is the "right" one for him....it's not the one he wanted but it was the "best" of what was available for him right now. I will drive him to his recruiters office on September 18th and then it will be a LONG 13 weeks before I see him again! Yes, I know he's 21 and he's really a man, but he's still my baby and I'm gonna need therapy when I say goodbye to him on the 18th! Send chocolate and lots of it, k?? I think the only thing that will keep me going will be my Komen 3 Day training, which is continuing to increase in miles every week. The walk is on November 4th, 5th and 6th. I will be walking 60 miles over the course of these 3 days! Please help me raise money to find a cure for breast cancer. It is a sucky disease that has hurt yet another woman this week, my husband's step mom. She had to have a double mastectomy this week! Cancer sucks....help fight it please! Go to here to donate, thanks!!

3 comments:

Tiffany S said...

Okay, you can have chocolate when your son leaves, but only a LITTLE! Weight loss here you come! :)

Bacardi Mama said...

I lost weight this challenge, but I sure didn't do all the things I set out to do. I think the crazy heat this summer had us all mixed up. Onward and upward to the next challenge.

Yum Yucky said...

awwww... news of your "baby" shipping off tugs at my heart. Momma's gotta stay strong! My oldest is 18, so I'll eventually need that chocolate soon, too. ;)