Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday...Friends

Brooke and Bari have been doing a "Thankful Thursday" post for a while now and just this week I thought about how much of my blog is used for moaning and complaining or talking about my weight loss journey (that isn't happening right now) and I need to branch out a little and do something different. So...here is my first Thankful Thursday post. I'm hoping that I will make it a regular part of the ol' blog!

The first thing I am thankful for (and hopefully it won't sound corny) is all my online friends. Women I have met online and have truly become great friends with. All of these women have picked me up when I am down, celebrated with me when I am up and helped cheer me on when a cheer is appropriate! Some of you have kicked me in the booty when I needed that too! I have always been a pretty social person but since I'm not your usual gal I have had difficulties making true, lasting friendships. However, with all of y'all the miles that seperate us don't seem to matter. There is always someone available to "be a friend" when a friend is needed.

The second thing I am thankful for is having the "in real life" friends that are here in the "here and now" that I can phone, text or drop by and see whenever I need a personal and up close friend. These are the people that know the ins and outs of my life and see me when I am at my highest and my lowest. These are the women that are here to just be there when necessary. I also know them the same way, which is kind of nice!

Proverbs 18:24 says, "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." I can definitely say I don't have unreliable friends and I am so thankful for all of them but I am even more thankful for the best friend of all - Jesus!

1 comment:

Bari said...

I am so glad you are doing these Thankful Thursday posts, too. This week (8/25) there will be a shout-out to you on my blog :)