Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Confessions Time

The past 5 days have been very stressful. Some really crappy real life stuff happened because of negligence on my part. It has cost our family a lot of money that we didn't really have to spend. It has also cost my husband a lot of time that he needed to spend on business stuff. I've spent a lot of time beating myself up. I've spent a lot of time in the bathroom! I've spent a lot of time feeling like a failure.

I have also been dealing with a double ear infection combined with a sinus infection. I haven't exercised in about 2 weeks and I feel like a failure because of that too. I gave up on doing the #FabAb February because I couldn't do the workouts with the sinus infection crap.

Now I have signed up to join a bunch of my sisterhood friends to participate in a weight training workout. As of 9pm Tuesday evening I haven't done the workout although it is first thing on my list after That Other Kid goes to bed. I'm hoping that I can actually be consistent with the workouts and lose weight and build muscle tone. I need this! I need to do this for my health. I need to do this for my family.

The one thing I did accomplish this week is I lost 3 pounds, as of Monday morning (from Wednesday). It hasn't been done in a healthy way but 3 pounds is 3 pounds!

2 comments:

Karena said...

Oh, Ann. My heart really goes out to you on this one. I know this feeling - where the big bad whatever that's causing problems all around is MY fault. The best I can say is you're not the first, nor the last, to do it. And feeling like a failure and beating yourself up can't turn back the clock. Own it, apologize for it, do your best to rectify it, but then you have to move on or it will eat away at you. Hugs, girl!

Congrats on the loss, and congrats on getting that workout in (I saw on DM)! Glad you're making this positive change for yourself!

Andy said...

Hang in there! there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and I know that you can make it there.