Monday, January 21, 2008

Out of the House

Living in the DFW area we are spoiled to having pleasant, warm weather much of the year....so when it isn't we get grumpy! It seems like it has been cold and cloudy forever. I know it hasn't, and come July I will look back at these cool days and wonder why I complained, but I'm tired of being cooped up in the house and so is That Other Kid. He is active and loud and much prefers being outside playing ball or running and being a little boy. It makes us all happier -- he burns some excess energy and doesn't drive anyone crazy by throwing balls in the house.

So....I got tired of being in the house trying to find something to play where he would not break something or tear something down or climb all over me, and I called my bff and said "if I don't get outta here I'm gonna go crazy"! She said she already was going crazy, so come join the madness!

So after lunch I told That Other Kid I had a surprise for him and we went over to join her crazy!! It was a wonderful afternoon. We didn't really do anything, but That Other Kid, her son, and another little boy, who is the son of one of our friends born within 15 days of her son (3 boys under 5) played trains, blocks, cars and who knows what else; while we sat around and goofed on her computer, talked to her momma, and just talked in-between breaking up arguments from 3 little boys who hadn't had a nap.

IT WAS A LOVELY DAY!!!!!! Thanks God for giving me a wonderful friend!! It was indeed just what I needed.....thanks for being there for me!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Friends like that are great!