Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Video Game Junkie at 4

I'm sitting in That Kid's room right now, with That Other Kid....He has been playing big brother's PS2 for the past week and decided he wanted an audience today. We have been home now for 2 weeks and he has turned into a video game junkie in those 2 weeks. Now don't judge me....I didn't start it! His dad and brother did...they both tend to be easily addicted to video games, when they have time, that is, which isn't very often right now.

Well when we came home from our trip I let That Kid have a couple of days of down time -- you know the kind of time where you just do whatever you want....aka sleep till noon and play video games, hang out on the computer, etc. So once he had to start back to school, That Other Kid decided he wanted to play some video games, too. I didn't have a problem with it....it gave me a little time to do things like cook, clean, do laundry, and read emails and other people's blogs! I also had to catch up on some book keeping chores so having him occupied seemed like a good thing.

That is till this morning when I told him he couldn't play video games because we had to leave in few minutes and he threw himself a downright knock-down tantrum! Sooooo, I've come to the conclusion that it has become an addiction for him and we will be having LIMITS on VIDEO GAMES....I don't deal with tantrums well, especially when it is over something so goofy as not getting to play a video game that doesn't even belong to you!

So, starting today That Other Kid only plays big brother's games 30 minutes a day....now mind you he has his own games and a gazillion toys so it's not like he doesn't have anything to do it the remaining 12 hours that he is awake!! We'll see how it goes.....

No comments: