Saturday, August 16, 2008

Time to Relax...

The past few days have been pretty mellow at the house. I'm grateful for that after having had a summer of constant movement. I have enjoyed just relaxing and watching the Olympics almost non-stop. Normally I am not a big sports fan unless, of course, my kids are involved, but I LOVE WATCHING THE OLYMPICS!! It is the highlight of my summer/winter when it is Olympic time. Gymnastics are my favs, but I also love the skill and precision of the divers.
The women's Marathon is on tv right now and I have to admit I've been flipping channels....it's not that I don't appreciate the capabilities of these spectacular athletes, but OMG it is sooooo boring to watch them just run, run, run, and run some more. The top USA woman had to drop out with an injured foot and that was extremely sad. Can you imagine all the training, for years and years and you are finally there actually running the race of your life and you are injured to the point of not being able to complete your race?? I can't imagine how disappointing this must be.

Not to change the subject, but that's what I am doing....I got to have the house to MYSELF FOR 2 1/2 hours yesterday!!!! What a joyous time of quiet it was! The guys ALL went to see the new Star Wars Clone Wars movie! I'm not a Star Wars fan....so I got to stay home and enjoy the quiet! I cleaned the bathroom, folded some laundry and watched some tv shows that had been recorded .... all without interruption!! Then I went out for ice cream with a wonderful young lady and had a nice talk. What a great night I had!

Today I took relaxation to a new level -- I took a NAP for about 1 1/2 hours. I'm thinking I could live a while like this!! But I know it will never last, so I'm just enjoying it for TODAY....tomorrow I'm sure it will end!

Hope your weekend is relaxing!

No comments: