Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Politics....

usually scare me! I'm such a chicken. I don't like to think about them and I definitely don't like to get involved in the politicians. I just like to follow my party to the polls and trust God to make sure the guys I vote for do what they say they are going to do. I usually don't even watch the Big News...just the local stuff to keep up with the weather and make sure my neighborhood is not going down the tubes, ya know what I mean, I'm sure.

I have sooooo much on my plate that I don't have time to track what so and so is doing or saying or not saying or not doing. I almost always start paying attention when it is near election time and this year is no different. Or wait it is different! We have a historical election in front of us. History in the making, yessir or 'mam in this case!.

I just finished watching the Republican Convention where Sarah Palin spoke. In case you have been in a bubble the past week, she's the vice-presidential candidate for John McCain. I have been hearing alot about her this week and EVERYTHING I have heard I absolutely LOVE! She is TOUGH, but she is LOVING, she is a Christian and she's not afraid to get her hands dirty. She is eloquent and beautiful. AND she's a MOM!! Gotta love her!! I picture her sitting down after the kids are in bed, watching tv with her loving husband with her laptop and writing out her thoughts, just like so many other moms. Maybe she doesn't use a blog to do it with, or maybe she does, I haven't really checked it out,....but I think we all know if she can give birth to 5 children, live in ALASKA, and stand up to the liberal media with grace she can be Vice-President!!!!

And on a personal note, as a hockey mom I love her quote for the day, "The difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull is LIPSTICK!!!" Ya gotta love audacity like that, now dontcha?

Ok....on to other news that isn't really newsworthy to the media!
My dad is recovering nicely from his colon cancer surgery that was just 5 weeks ago and the doctor has given him permission to start walking again, so I need to get a move on it if I plan to better him!

I started working out again at the gym and I set some pretty high goals for myself. I want to lose 60 pounds by Christmas, that 15 pounds a month... I'm working out gradually, starting with just 1 mile a day on the treadmill or eliptical machine. So far, so good. Except I have been experiencing calf cramps every day. I talked to a trainer today and he said it is probably from my seditary lifestyle and it's forcing my muscles to wake up and work. They are protesting!!! Well let me tell you they can just go ahead and protest....I'm not quitting!!! I have to get this weight off! I have children to care for...and a whole life ahead of me to live!!!

I also went to an endocronologist today and he is running a TON of tests to help get my metabolism in line. This should help tremendously as should the diet plan he gave me. He also suggested I start on Weight Watchers so I have to research that some to find out what I need to do to get started. With all this help and the exercise that I started on this week I WILL LOSE WEIGHT!!!

One more thing before I go off to bed.....I told That Other Kid that we were going to be going to the gym almost everyday so I could exercise and he could play with his friends there. He wanted to know why I wanted to exercise so I told him I wanted to get "skinny". He didn't understand what that was so then I told him I wanted to get "littler". He said he liked me "BIG" and that if I got littler then he would be bigger than me and then I couldn't carry him or play with him...he was talking about hieght...I was talking about thinness!!! This really cracked me up...for some reason. So today we went to the gym and he asked me if I was littler yet!! Not yet, but SOON, SOON!!!

No comments: