Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday



Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting!

If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor!

Check out more Tiny Talks with Mary.

This week I took That Other Kid to Walmart with me and I bought him a "prize" for behaving while we were there...I'm easy to bribe! But I was only willing to spend about $20 so he was limited to what he could choose. Some of the items he wanted were pricey...like $35+. I told him these "big toys" had to wait for his birthday or Christmas.

Then he asked, "how many sleeps till my birthday and I'm a big boy like my friend?" I told him about "90 more sleeps"...."Oh that's too long to wait to be 5 years old."

Oh it does sound like a lot, but I know it will be here before we know it! My baby will be a big boy sooner than I will want it to happen...

Tonight I went to a college fair with That Kid, so daddy and That Other Kid got to spend the evening together. When I walked in a full 30 minutes past his normal bedtime, he ran to me and told me he "missed me so much". Daddy had just finished reading his story, so all I had to do was brush teeth and do "pats", which is the way I help him go to sleep. It felt good to get out for a few hours, but it was nice to be "missed"!!

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

It's always nice to be missed, isn't it?

They want to grow up so fast...my 4 year old is constantly asking about her next birthday...AUGUST...it JUST happened my dear. patience.