Sunday, September 14, 2008

Random Stuff

First bit of randomness...I rented a Wii video game for That Other Kid yesterday and I've barely heard him whine, complain or ask for anything other than to read the captions on the game since then. He has played it for about 6 hours so far....3 hours last night and about 3 hours today, so far. He still has about an hour left of play time in today, so I suppose we will be up to a total of 7 hours in the 2 days....He is never this focused on anything, so I'm thrilled that something has caught his interest. It's definately a keeper....Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. If you have a young Star Wars fan, I highly recommend it. I think I remember hearing about this game from BooMama so since Star Wars is a big thing in our house right now I thought it would be worth renting the game, and Let me tell you IT IS WONDERFUL! It has thoroughly kept him entertained this weekend, what with all the rain and wind from hurricane Ike yesterday...and the lazy momma today (even though the weather is ideal to be out and about) I'm gonna have to shell out $50 for this game, ohyesIam! Anything that keeps him entertained for more than 30 minutes is a definate winner in our house!!

Next piece of random info....That Kid had to ref 2 hockey games this afternoon and since I am having a bit of hockey withdrawal I decided to tag along, watch some hockey and watch him ref, which I haven't done in a while. The first game was pretty interesting. It was 15 and 16 year olds and these guys spent more time in the penalty box than on the ice. (If you are not familiar with hockey, the penalty box is where the refs send you for being a "bad boy")!
At one point during the game there were 3 or 4 guys in the penalty box on each side... so there were more guys in the box than on the bench waiting for their turn to play! It was definately different to watch not really rooting for either side, even though I knew who I wanted to win;) There were some younger players from one of the organzations that were screaming and being obnoxious and I just wanted to slap these boys around....They were really being pests, but it was fun to listen to them when That Kid called a penalty on one of the players. If it was someone from their side it was the worst call ever, if it was someone from the other side it was the best call ever made. It was all very humorous from where I sat, being an "unbiased" spectator.

On to the last bit of randomness for tonight...DH and That Kid like to watch the Simpsons cartoon on tv. Whether you like the show or not, or have ever watched it I'm sure everyone knows who Bart is. Anywho, dh is always referring to various quotes that he says and he gets stuck on them and repeats them over and over again. He is stuck on one right now and has gotten That Other Kid to say it....although I don't like to admit it, it does seem to fit him in this stage of his childhood. "I didn't do it! You didn't see me! You can't prove anything!"

I think I'll go with this quote myself....I think we all need to be a sarcastic sometimes, don't you???

No comments: