Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Today's Weigh In -- Not Impressive

Today's weigh in was a big disappointment for me. But I should have known it was coming. Maybe it would have been better to just ignore it...No, it definitely would have been worse to ignore it. Ignoring my weight is what got me in the trouble I have been in for the past 10 years. I chose to NOT IGNORE the UGLY TRUTH. This week has been incredibly stressful and I have succumbed to the stress by eating JUNK! I'm paying for it now, though. I WILL get back on track and get these pounds and MORE off by the end of the year! This is my commitment to myself and my Sisters

Last week's weigh in: 189.4

Today's weigh in: 194.0

I told ya it was ugly....that's nearly 5 pounds in one week. When I got on the scale this morning and saw those numbers I asked myself, "how do you gain almost 5 pounds in one week?" However, I was able to answer myself immediately. Um....let's see numerous meals out with lots of chips and queso. Numerous cokes. Numerous dessert items including a large plate of chocolate chip cookies, and ice cream. Very little in the area of exercise. It's pretty easy to see how I gained that much weight. In fact, looking at all that food it's a wonder I didn't gain even more weight!

Tomorrow turns over a new leaf for me -- again! I will eat every 3 hours! I will eat healthy foods! I will enjoy Christmas eve and Christmas Day meals -- but I will use the discipline that I have learned over the past 9 months and make the best choices and not STUFF myself to sickness while eating it! I will get SOME kind of exercise...even if it's just taking a little walk around the neighborhood or down to the lake.

I will not let the stress that is in my life right now WIN!! I am victorious over stress and I will continue on this journey to weight loss!

I pray that ya'll have a Merry Christmas...I'll see you on the 26th with stories of Christmas, victorious eating and hopefully, pictures of my boys opening their gifts!!

1 comment:

Christy M. said...

Oh, Ann :( I'm sorry you had a gain this week. That sucks!

The good thing is you know why, and you know how to change it. I'm so proud of you for learning so much over the last 9 months! You are amazing!! Get back up on that horse and spur it on. 2010 is going to be YOUR year!!

Have a Merry Christmas!!! LOVE!