Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011!!

This is the first day of the rest of my life as the saying oges and I'm going to make the most of it. It is 2011 and my oldest son will turn 21 this summer and my youngest son just turned 7. I think it is high time I get this weight off and start living a healthy, active life. I already know of several challenges that COULD derail me for this year if I don't take control of these issues right off from the beginning.

I don't usually make "new year resolutions" because I rarely find the motivation to continue them after the first week of the year, but I really have found that goals (if broken down into short term goals) are much easier to deal with and achieve.

So here are a few of my goals for the next couple of months. They follow along with the goals I have set up for the Power Of One Challenge over at the Sisterhood. You do know about the Sisterhood of Shrinking Jeans, right? They are an awesome group of women (along with 1 guy) that support me (and many others) during this weight loss journey. They offer challenges, support and much friendship. They are amazing and you really do need to check them out!!

Anyway...here are my goals...

1) Read my Bible and read for fun every day!
2) Exercise some every day! and for the next 100 Days there is a challenge going on through Facebook that I am participating in to exercise 30 minutes every day!! I am so excited to be a part of this!!
3) Continue drinking my water - at least 1/2 my body weight daily!

4) Do some cleaning and organizing of my house every day....right now it is out of control and I need to get it taken care of! I think I am going to need some serious help with this one...may need to enlist some help from FlyLady and other organizing websites. Any ideas??

This is all I have decided to commit to right now...If I try to do too many I wont be able to accomplish them and accomplishment is what I am after!!

I would like to wish all of you and healthy and prosperous New Year! May 2011 be better than 2010!!

1 comment:

Christy M. said...

Happy New Year, Ann!! I think your goals are awesome, and I love that you joined a 100 days challenge for fitness! What a great idea :)

xoxo