Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Burst Into Summer - Start Up

Burst Into Summer Challenge

Well today is the first day of the Burst Into Summer Challenge over at the Sisterhood. This challenge is 11 weeks long which is longer than most of the challenges with the Sisterhood. It is also a team challenge, which I have had some success with in the past and some failure. It all depends on what I put into it! I can tell you that I am going to be putting everything I have into this challenge. I'm getting to team up with some ladies that I don't really know well, too, so that will be fun to team up with new women and get to know them and their strengths and weaknesses!! We are Team 3, but we are calling ourselves the Fierce 5.

I am personally trying to get as much weight off as I can over the next 11 weeks. The end of this challenge is near the time that That Kid leaves for Marine Corp bootcamp and I really want to get some more weight off and tone up between now and then. I'm not sure what kind of goal I want to set, but I really think if I put everything into it then I can lose up to 20 pounds this summer. I can do this, if I continue tracking food, getting enough exercise, and staying with the low glycemic index diet plan that I was so successful with in May. So back to work!!

Today my weigh in was 194.6 which is up 1 pound since last week. Based on my lack of exercise and excessive amounts of junk food I had this past week I'm truly surprised it wasn't more than that.

The mini-challenge for this week is drinking 64 ounces of water a day...shouldn't be an issue for me since I generally average 100 ounces a day. Of course, it's nearly 7pm and I'm still working on my 64 ounces so maybe it is gonna be harder than I thought! lol

I'm going to be participating in the online boot camp with the Sisterhood that starts next week. That should help me tone up and get me moving in the right way. I'm also planning to get back to my NTC app and I'm wanting to do some of my Wii games again, too. I have grand plans...now just to put action to them!!

For tonight, I'm watching the Stanley Cup Finals - Game 7 between the Canucks and the Bruins! Yes, I'm a hockey fan and I'm not ashamed to admit it!!

9 comments:

Adah said...

hurray for another challenge starting...I need it! Good luck..I know you will rock it!

*Lissa* said...

Go, Ann, GO!

Christy M. said...

You're going to do awesome, Ann!! I know you will!!!

Mommy Mo said...

I cannot wait to watch you see Buh-Bye to those 20lbs!

Karena said...

Great, Ann! Love hearing that you're drinking so much water these days! Give it your all and I know you can make a huge change this summer!

Trish said...

Whoo hoo Ann! You got this and will rock it!

ETsmommy said...

Good luck on your goals with the challenge! Also, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. It means so much that so many people are encouraging and motivating me.

Bacardi Mama said...

You are goning to rock this challenge Ann. I'm hoping I do too. Let's be rock stars together.

Brooke said...

i've found that mini goals are easy, until you start thinking about them as easy then it goes all to pot. ;) i know you're gonna do great on this challenge!