Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just a Few Words

I'm only writing a quick update tonight...in case you are wondering how I am doing. I went to the surgeon last Friday for a follow-up visit from my sinus/septum surgery. He said I am doing great! No complications, surgery went extremely well. He pulled the plastic splints out and told me everything inside my nose looks great! I was thrilled! He freed me to bend, lift, drive....all my normal stuff, just take it slow...don't over do it, he said. YEAH!! I'm good to go....and that's exactly what I did Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and even Sunday! I went, went, went! By Sunday night I was pooped, but I felt accomplished.

I spent time with That Kid -- after he got home from camp; which he thoroughly enjoyed, spent time with That Other Kid - even going to see Wall-E, and doing some shopping for new bedding and shoes, preparing to start exercising again. Monday I was pooped out...so I just did stuff at home; ya know laundry, dishes, and general cleaning up. Monday night I went out with my best friend and had dinner at Cheesecake Factory, yum!! and then we walked the mall and went to Wally-world. It was a great, relaxing evening.

About an hour before I came home I started having a pain in my right side that felt like a stitch in my side, you know the kind you get when you are running? I figured I once again was over- doing things, so didn't think much about it and went home and went to bed. Tuesday morning it was still there, so I just laid around all day, taking it easy. The pain was constant, but not extreme. It lasted all day Tuesday, so I took a left-over pain pill from my surgery and went to bed early. Wednesday it was still there and getting more severe. By 3:30 p.m. I decided it was time to go to the doctor so I made an appointment for today. My regular GP had no opening so I made the appointment was the PA for 10:15 a.m. The rest of Wednesday I just laid around popping pain pills.

This morning I got up and went to the doctor. She ordered a urine sample, did a pelvic exam and poked and prodded my stomach/side. and avoided being hit in the face when she did so! Then she order a CT-Scan STAT, meaning she would have results back within a couple of hours instead of a couple of days. She was concerned about 1) kidney stones, 2) gall stones, 3) appendix. She told me to go straight to the Imaging Facility and prepare for the possibility of going to the ER tonight.

Short version -- I am in A LOT of PAIN and I have kidney stones that are 2 -3 millimeters in size. She said to take Vicadin and they should pass pretty soon. She said the pain level would be somewhat like the pain I experienced while giving birth to my children--- without the aid of an epidural!!! Oh boy, I can hardly wait for this weekend!!! If the pain continues to get worse or I start running a fever I need to go to ER. Gee, what I way to spend Independence Day!!

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend....PAIN FREE!! and don't forget all the soldiers in the Middle East that are helping us have Independence!!!

No comments: