Monday, July 28, 2008

Traveling Again

Tomorrow morning I will get up and finish packing to leave AGAIN to go to Wichita. Last week I was there and it took me 7 hours to drive a 5 1/2 hour trip with That Other Kid. Tomorrow I hope and pray it doesn't take that long! That stretch of highway gets OLD real fast! DH is, at this point, planning to go with us this time so I probably won't be driving more than a few hours of the trip which is nice, but I get bored even faster when I'm not driving so I may be the one saying "are we there yet?" this time. Last week we weren't even out of Texas when I started hearing it...and I know that it will not be a pleasant trip if this starts up so fast this week.

Dad's surgery is planned for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday and I will try to write an update as soon as I have something to report. Please pray for the doctors, the family, and my dad as we undergo a very crucial surgery. According to the report that my dad was given the cancer mass in the colon is smaller than it was in January, but it is still quiet large and there are many nerves that can be injured if the surgeons make mistakes. Sooooo....we are praying for NO mistakes and the surgery go smoothly.

After surgery Wendesday I have to rush right back home as I have That Kid's 18th birthday party/bash planned for Thursday at 5:30 p.m. Please pray for safe travel back home. I'm sure I will be tired and emotionally wrung out, but I want to make sure the party goes as planned.

I probably won't be back on here till Friday afternoon....so hope you have a good week!

No comments: