Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mom's Night Out....

At 3:45 this afternoon my friend called me and said, "What are you doing tonight?" My response, "Uh, nothing. Why???" Her response, "I need to go out...I need some MOM TIME!!!" I said, "Ok, I'm in but I don't have a car and I'm not sure when That Kid will be home to take care of That Other Kid. Let me call him!" I called and he said he would be home in a couple of minutes. I said, "Great, don't make plans I'm going OUT!!!" So I call my friend back and say "Come get me, I'll be ready in 30 minutes (which is how long it would take her to get here).

We get in her car and she says, "where to?" I reply, "Wherever there are NO CHILDREN to care for." She agreed!! So we drove and found a great mexican place and spent the next 3 hours eating, talking, laughing, and basically being WOMEN WITH NO CHILDREN TO CARE FOR!!! It was the best night I have had in weeks...and it was sooooo needed.

Have you had a mom's night out lately? If you haven't I highly recommend it....no matter how broke you are or how tired you are; you will come back with a better attitude and ready to battle the next adventure with your child/children!!

Thanks to a great friend....I am in a better place now than I was at 3:30 p.m. this afternoon!!!

No comments: