Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time for Tiny Talk Tuesday



Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting! If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor! Check out more Tiny Talks with Mary.

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL spring day here in North Texas after a week of rain, clouds, and cold weather. Believe me EVERYONE was excited about the sunshine. I made it a point to enjoy the weather by arranging a park day with our homeschool group. Granted alot of people are on spring break this week so they were off doing their "spring break stuff" but we are pretty laid back around here.

We went to the park and spent 3 entire hours...it was fun, fun, fun!
I got to have mom time and That Other Kid got to run, ride bikes, and play tag and other little boy stuff! After a while he came up and got a drink and I noticed his freckles were more pronounced! Now, if I were smart I would have thought "more freckles means upcoming sunburn". I need to remember my fair skinned boy needs SUNSCREEN EVERY TIME HE GOES OUTSIDE!! But I never claimed to be smart....On the way home I notice his cheeks look pretty red, not to mention his arms.

Later last night his little arms and cheeks were bright red, and his comment to me was, "Mom, my arms hurt...ya gotta remember to put sunscreen on me when we go to the park." Just another "duh" moment for mom!! Hopefully, I will remember to put sunscreen on him next time we go to the park...I don't want my kid to end up with skin cancer someday down the road because of my laziness.

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Poor guy. Hope he is feeling better soon. I love when they take on the "authority" and remind us of what to do :)