Monday, February 25, 2008

Finally My 100th Post....

It actually is my 111th post so I added a few more things that you might want to know about me!! You probably could care less, but I'm sharing anyway!

So here goes....

1. I was born in Wichita, Kansas
2. I lived in the same house in Hicksville,(not a real town, btw) Kansas until I got married to dh
3. I lived in that house over 18 years
4. I went to 4 different schools – elementary, jr high, high school and college
5. I graduated high school in 1983, so my 25 year reunion is coming up!
6. Dh and I got married when were barely 19
7. I was a SCARED, little girl when my daddy walked me to the alter
8. We got married on the Arkansas River in Wichita, Kansas
9. The only person at our wedding that came specifically for dh was his mom…She’s the BEST 
10. We spent our wedding night at the Sheraton Hotel in Wichita, Kansas
11. My parents gave us a coupon for the hotel and dinner there, so it was cheap
12. We were dirt poor…dh didn’t even have a job!
13. After our night out in the Sheraton we moved into a little 1 bedroom apartment the next day
14. That apartment costs us $275 a month we didn’t really have (
15. I worked part time in Spangles fast food restaurant
16. I majored in Elementary Education in college
17. I loved working with the kids, but hated taking all those goofy classes
18. I went to college for 2 years and nearly flunked out my last semester….
19. I would love to go back to college, but the thought scares the cr*p out of me
20. My GPA is 1.8 so if I do go back to school I would be on academic probation
21. I had to be a wife, work and go to school at the same so it didn’t work out very good for me
22. I was a good student
23. A good wife
24. A good employee
25. But I couldn’t do all 3 at the same time!
26. I wonder who said you have to be smart to home school your kids!
27. NOT ME!!!
28. I have lived in Kansas, California, and TEXAS
29. My favorite restaurant is Carlo’s O’Kelly’s in Wichita, Kansas
30. It’s why I love to go there to visit so much! 
31. I like to eat Mexican food, but not if I have to fix it myself!
32. I don’t like Italian food but my dh loves it, so I can prepare lots of it
33. I would rather have a burger and fries (just like my daddy!)
34. My parents have been married nearly 44 years to each other
35. I have been married nearly 24 years to the same man
36. I am the oldest child of 4
37. I am the only daughter of those 4 kids
38. I’m the only one of my siblings that doesn’t live near home
39. My oldest son looks a lot like my oldest brother….kind of scary!
40. My oldest brother was a Marine. I’m so PROUD
41. I thought he was crazy
42. It turns out I’m the crazy one!
43. I love to cross stitch
44. I almost started a cross stitch business when I lived in California, but changed my mind
45. I haven’t done any cross stitching in over 4 years
46. I made Christmas stockings for me, dh, and That Kid, but haven’t made one for That Other Kid yet….maybe I should since he’s already 4, huh?
47. I love to read Christian historical fiction
48. My favorite author is Tracey Peterson
49. Reading short novellas seem to be the easiest way I can make it through a book, these days
50. I love Chick Flicks….
51. My favorite Chick Flick’s have Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in them
52. I love Sleepless In Seattle, You’ve Got Mail, Joe vs. Volcano
53. My most recent Chick Flick is No Reservations
54. I hate blood and guts movies, and movies with excessive violence and language
55. I never seem to have time for TV anymore, which is ok as there is so little out there to watch
56. The last tv series’ that I watched faithfully were Gilmore Girls, 7th Heaven, and Everwood
57. They all ended the same year, so I have nothing to watch now
58. I love to snuggle on the couch with my boys and watch tv and fall asleep
59. But I have to have buttered popcorn if the show is longer than 1 hour
60. I fell asleep watching Star Wars in the movie theater with dh on a date
61. Science Fiction is obviously not a favorite of mine
62. I still fall asleep if I watch Star Wars
63. It has become a family joke! And I’m ok with a good nap every once in a while!! 
64. Spring is my favorite time of year
65. I love to see the grass growing
66. I love to be outside, playing ball with That Other Kid or going to the park
67. Summer is too hot, unless you have access to a pool!
68. Fall is nice, cuz I love to watch the leaves change colors
69. And we can go to the park again! Can you tell I want to be outside enjoying God’s green earth?
70. Winter is not a favorite of mine
71. Snow, cold weather and flu season are just a few of the reasons I don’t like winter
72. However I LOVE Christmas time
73. I LOVE to buy presents for everyone and make them guess what they got
74. I absolutely LOVE SURPRISES!! That’s why I love to give presents
75. Both of my kids were surprises….that’s why I love them so much 
76. No one told me that Birth control pills don’t work when you take anti-biotics
77. I know better now!
78. I always wanted 2 kids
79. That’s what I got…
80. I always said I wanted my first baby before I turned 25….he was born 3 days before I turned 25
81. I always said I wanted my second baby before I was 30, but God knew better!
82. That Other Kid was born when I was 38
83. I felt like I was 50….sometimes I feel like I’m 100 now
84. When I was a kid I wanted to be a nurse, but I can’t stand the sight of blood so I changed my mind
85. Then I decided I wanted to be a teacher….I am
86. I just don’t get paid for it
87. I love being a mom and a homeschool teacher
88. Watching my boys grow into young men is the greatest joy
89. Helping them learn something new is VERY rewarding and satisfying
90. I value the relationship I have with my boys
91. When That Kid was 11 I took a part time job at Target
92. I feel like I missed so much of his life during those 18 months
93. I liked working and helping others in the work force, but I missed helping my son
94. I have worked many different jobs and none have been as rewarding as being a mom
95. I am a very social person by nature
96. I started my blog so I could socialize with other moms
97. I have “met” many others that are blogging for the same reason
98. Blogging gives me a social outlet that I don’t get otherwise
99. Now when I am down I turn to the computer and read blogs AND I ALWAYS AM LIFTED UP
100. I am always encouraged by others online
101. I THANK GOD FOR THIS OUTLET….It helps keep me somewhat SANE
102. I THANK GOD FOR MY FAMILY
103. I THANK GOD FOR MY FRIENDS
104. I THANK GOD FOR MY BLOGGING BUDDIES
105. I THANK GOD FOR THE FREEDOM TO HOMESCHOOL
106. I THANK GOD FOR THE ABILITY TO RELEASE SOME STRESS THROUGH WRITING ABOUT MY DAILY DOINGS
107. I THANK GOD FOR MY HEALTH
108. I THANK GOD FOR MY HOME
109. I THANK GOD THAT I LIVE IN AMERICA, HOME OF THE FREE
110. I THANK GOD FOR LOVING ME, IN ALL MY INADEQUENTIES
111. I THANK GOD THAT HE SENT JESUS TO DIE IN ORDER TO SAVE ME!!!!

Thanks for being a part of my life today!!!

No comments: