Friday, February 1, 2008

Update on Dad....

Ladies, Thanks for all your prayers and kind words of encouragement. It's nice to know there are ladies out there that care....

For the lastest in the drama that is the VA Hosptial in Wichita Kansas -- my dad had a MRI then had to wait a week for the results and consultation with the doctor. The mass is in his colon and is cancer. They believe it can be treated and removed through a series of 4 weeks of chemo and then surgery. They inserted a valve this week (Tuesday) in his shoulder that will be the place they work from (why his shoulder, I don't know or understand?). While looking at the MRI they saw some unusual "spots" on his liver so they want to further investigate that. To do that they did a CatScan yesterday, (Thursday). He was told they would have results and consultation later that afternoon, but alas we now have to wait another week for those results (next Thursday).

Now, the spots on his liver could be from the 55 years of drinking 6 beers a day :( or it could be something more. We are just playing a wait and see game...which I HATE... being down here in Texas has been very difficult. I just want to go up there and take care of everything, but being there will not help anyone or anything right now, so I stay.

What is now making things more difficult is that my mom gets an annual bout of bronchitis that lasts about a month, and guess what --- she is getting sick now, too. They got 4 inches of snow on the ground yesterday and they were both trying to shovel snow...my mom with bronchitis and my dad with a chemo valve in his shoulder awaiting cancer treatment...ugh!!

So, I'm asking for more prayers....for both my parents to get better and the weather to cooperate so they don't have to endure the snow. Pray also that the VA hospital will stop dilly-dallying around and get to it....the longer this is prolonged the worse it can be in the end.

No comments: