Sunday, February 24, 2008

Talked To Dad....

Before cancer was found in my dad this statement would have been something I would have only said on holidays, birthdays and other special occasions. Now that cancer has been found I am trying to take communication with them a lot more seriously and I want to value the time I have with them, even if it is a few minutes on the phone a couple of times a week.

So, anyway I called my parents this afternoon to check on my dad and he seems to be doing well. He said he has not had any of the bad side effects that they told him to expect. No hair loss, no weakness, no diarrhea....so all is well so far. Week 3 starts tomorrow with the chemo treatments. This will be round 2, as it goes 1 week on, 1 week off. I will be traveling to Kansas for a few days next week on his off week, so I can see for myself how he is doing.

So now it is really time to ensure that I DON'T GET SICK....my dad can't have visitors who are sick....so it is imperative that I don't get sick. I MUST STAY HEALTHY...so lot's of vitamin C and lots of handwashing!! So far, so good, I just feel kind of tired and a little achey. Maybe it's just cuz I have been taking care of everyone else for the past week and I'm worn out.....

Keep praying!!! and I'll keep you posted!

No comments: