Saturday, April 19, 2008

On Being Fat....

I hate being soooooo overweight.

I tried to go for a walk with That Other Kid this afternoon, cuz it was such a lovely day. So it's about 85 degrees and nice little breeze, basically a perfect day to spend outside. I step outside and help him guide his bike down the sidewalk. So far, so good. He turns the bike so that he's riding down the sidewalk and he's going along at a sloooooow clip and I can't keep up. I'm winded before I get to the end of the block....and we live two-thirds of the way down the street! I am hot and sweaty by the time I manage to make it back around the block. All I want to do now is take a nice cool shower and get in bed. I'm wasted. I can't believe walking around the block has exhausted me so much...

Maybe my sinus problems and the deviated septum are causing me more complications in breathing than even I thought. Or maybe I'm just soooo stinkin' fat I can't walk around the block without being tired. I think it's time to start making some dietary changes in my life and start hitting the gym and at least slowly walking on the treadmill, so I can at least walk around the block without being wasted next time That Other Kid wants to take a bike ride.

No comments: