Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Teenagers!!!

Are all teenagers destined to turn their parents off?? Do they all want their space to the point of ignoring the rest of the family they they used to hang out with??? Or does this "stage" come with the invention of text messaging, internet usage and other communications that transpire through the use of the computer and cell phones??

I was hanging out with a friend today and we were discussing how both of our teens sit at the dinner table and text friends, instead of having a conversation with the rest of the family. Then as soon as possible they go to their room, turn on their computers and spend the rest of the night texting or instant messaging on the computer.....UGHHHH...I have finally gotten fed up with the constant texting and phone usage when sleep should be happening and through Cingular/AT&T's wonderful aid turned off the text message and phone usage capability from 12 a.m. to 7 a.m. This has definately helped cut down some of the phone usage, but it is still being used excessively....Should I just cut it off all the time??? How do I teach him to be responsible in this area?? Apparently, I am clueless!!!

So, how do you deal with teens and excessive cell phone use???

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh...the days to come for me. I wonder how much time I spend on as too much and then I'll have to worry about them :) Good luck!