Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tiny Talk -- Summer Stuff




Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting! If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor! Check out more Tiny Talks with Mary.


Summer is usually a pretty laid back time for us. We usually don't travel much, we have never taken a "summer vacation" and I usually spend time getting ready for the fall/school and doing things that have been put off during the "school year". This summer is definitely different for me, since I am preparing for That Kid to go off to college (even though it's only 45 minutes away, he's still going to live in the dorms), and I'm also preparing for Kindergarten with That Other Kid. So I have PILES of stuff laying around everywhere to go through and organize, yeah right?!! (there is a point to this rambling I promise).

So the other day, That Other Kid comes up to me while I was going through a bunch of college preparation stuff and he said, "Why do you need all this junk just so "That Kid" can go to big kid school!??!! Where are all "my school things"?

I turned to him and said, "They are here, too. They are just buried under all the college things".

He replied with a pathetic look and said, "Well you need to unbury it, I need my school stuff before he needs his!". This isn't true of course, college starts August 24 and kindergarten starts the Tuesday after Labor Day in my house.)

Um, ya think he's a bit jealous??

I have managed to take some time and do some fun things with That Other Kid and it's involved friends of course, "cuz you can't have fun without friends", in his words!

So here are some pictures of That Other Kid and friends....


Soccer practice!! Gotta love Upwards Soccer and their devotional time!


Chuck E. Cheese "Bubble Car"


Chuck E. Cheese -- Horsey Ride!


Going Bonkers with BFF



So you can see -- we are having fun....just some exotic "vacation location"! Just the Big D, which for some people would be a vacation!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ohhhh, Chuck E Cheese, the place kids dream of.

Happy TTT

Mary@notbefore7 said...

One school start at a time, huh? LOL! Glad I am not the only one with piles buried under piles ;)

Happy TTT!