Monday, July 13, 2009

New Workout!

This weekend I finished my 30 days of the 10 minute Sessions using the Figure 8 resistance bands. I was happy to be done with it....after doing the same workout for a month you kind of burn out with it! It gave me a decent workout, but felt like I needed to work harder. So this weekend I went to Target and bought a new DVD! It was even on SALE!! my favorite 4 letter word!! This DVD is much more to my liking!

I watched it earlier this afternoon because I wanted to know what I was getting myself into! lol The first thing I noticed when I started the movie is that the workouts are done with "REAL PEOPLE" -- and they are FAT!! Everyone needed to be working out and needed to drop some weight! Of course, Jillian Michaels and crew are the ones leading the workouts but the people doing the workouts are regular people trying to lose weight just like me! This made me feel like "if they can do it, so can I" and I could! I was huffing and puffing when it was done and I needed my fan blowing on me to keep me from sweating profusely, but I felt like I had really worked out!! I needed this challenge again!

I know a lot of people don't like Jillian Michaels but she really seems to motivate me and push me to a higher, more difficult level of workout! This DVD works similar to the 30 Day Shred DVD. You workout for 1-2 weeks per level, and then move on to the next higher level. This DVD is designed for a 6 week workout. If I workout with this DVD for the entire 6 weeks that will take me to August 24, which is 1 day shy of 5 months from when I started working out. I'm excited to see where I will be after working out with this for 6 weeks. I can almost guarantee there will be a significant change in my appearance after working out with this for 6 weeks. The only thing that would keep me from losing significant weight and inches would be if I didn't do it and I really blow it with the food!

Something I'm going to add to the workout is journaling my food! I think I'm eating more than I think I am....cuz I should be losing more weight...so that is something I'm going to do daily using the nifty I-Pod application called "LoseIt", so that should help me!

Tell me --- what is helping you watch your food intake?? What cool new workouts have you found?? I'm curious, and want to keep it fresh so I don't burnout and want to quit, ya know?

1 comment:

Sincerely Anna said...

Yay Ann! You're doing great with the workouts! Have you seen the books Eat This, Not That? They are full-color guides for when you go grocery shopping or order from a restaurant. I just ordered them from Amazon and have only thumbed through, but I learned a lot about what to avoid and how to read labels. I need to get back to food journaling too, it makes a big difference for me and helps me not eat more than 2 cookies, for example.