Monday, July 27, 2009

Today's My Birthday!

and the day started out great! Just as I was getting ready to hop into the shower, a good friend of mine stopped off at my house to surprise me and go out for a quick lunch with our boys. She didn't even realize it was my birthday, but that made it even more special! So I went in and took a shower and prepared to go out for a fast food lunch and let the boys get all hot and sweaty...always fun! After lunch we went back home and let the boys play for a bit.

After they left to go home, dh and That Other Kid and I went to lunch at a nice mexican food place, Blue Goose Cantina. It was about 3 p.m. so we were one of 3 groups in the restaurant so it was nice that we had good service and we didn't have to worry that That Other Kid would disturb anyone. He was not in the mood to sit and be still and quiet, but he did eat 1/4 of a tortilla which was a food first for him (remember he has food allergies, so a lot of "normal" kid foods he doesn't get and hasn't tried). It was so yummy and they had Fried IceCream, the most delicious dessert to ever be created! What could be better, ice cream, cinnamon, whipped cream, and a fried crust??!!

After stuffing myself to the gills, we went over to Target and dh bought me this Wii game which is the only thing I really asked for. See how serious I am about getting back into shape??

After shopping for a few minutes we ran an errand for dh then came home. Since then I have basically done NOTHING!!! I did warm up some dinner for dh and That Other Kid, and I got TOK to bed. I decided I wanted a night off from my exercise routine, since I am pretty much exhausted and wanted to vegg out some.

To top off this wonderful day, it has RAINED the WHOLE day, with temperatures only in the low to mid 80's! How great is that for Texas in late July??!!

Tomorrow it will be back to normal, with loads of laundry to fold, bathrooms to clean,exercising and errands to run! Today was my day off, though and it was fun!

2 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

Happy Birthday, Ann!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the day, Ann! You deserved a "me" day. Thanks for the good advice on my blog -- your insight is always very welcome. Have a wonderful new year!