Tuesday, September 1, 2009

30 Day Challenge --- Wii Active

Shrink for Good with the Sisterhood!



Yesterday started another new challenge with the Sisters. I'm excited about all these challenges because they will keep me moving in the right direction -- DOWN!! I will be continuing on my track of good health and I will be helping others at the same time with the Weight Watchers Lose For Good Challenge. I'm also going to start the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred tonight. This will be the third time I have done it, so let's see how many of the routines I can do with "hard-core Natalie"?!! Anyone want to join me in the torture??!

Anyhooo...last night I was running behind my "normal" workout schedule and didn't get started till VERY late. I was already extremely tired and my quadricepts were sore from the practice routine I did SATURDAY night. What's up with that?? With all that in mind I figured I better set my challenge up for "easy routine". Plus everyone else that I had heard from earlier in the day said it "kicked their butts" and if it kicked their butts being at least 10 years younger and way less weight I better just start off slow, ya know? So, I did the easy setting and other than all that freakin' running I did well and wasn't really all that sweaty and tired! So I guess I'm in better physical condition than I thought I was! I absolutely HATE RUNNING, though and they kept telling me I was going "too slow"! It was awful! and my "girls" were bouncing around like they were unsupported! So time to double up the support system, I guess!

So, bottom line is I'm going to LOVE this new challenge and I'm excited that they give me "assigned" days of rest! So that will allow me to do some different routines or even take an occasional night off from the Wii. I will continue to do the 30 Day Shred DVD because I know myself too well. If I take time off from everything I will just sit on the couch, blog, watch tv, and EAT! Not a good combination for a girl who still has 60 pounds to lose!

So all in all, I say I'm looking forward to this challenge and all that it will mean for my overall health! And get this....last night dh was watching me do the Wii Active and he said that it actually looked like something he might enjoy. What a great way to be healthy together!


Edited** Wow I just noticed that this is my 400th post! Wow have I been doing this that long?? Um, maybe I need to celebrate, huh??

2 comments:

Heather D said...

Happy 400th post!

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

Happy 400th post!

I'm so super-impressed with your workout routine! The 30-Day Challenge AND shredding?!! WOW! That's some serious work, girl!

I think I'm going to start hula-ing again this week for some extra cardio :)

Have a GREAT weekend!