Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Catchin' Up

I've been so overwhelmed with the details of life the past few days that I haven't had time to sit down and catch up with my blog friends. I've tried to read a little here and there when I get a second, but I haven't had time to sit down and compose a thought or a blog post. Life has been hectic!

Friday night we had more drama from That Kid, which wrecked havic with not only my emotions, but my sanity, as well. I talked to one of his teenage friends and started crying my eyes out.....a few minutes later her mom shows up on my doorstep and just listens, prays and sits with me! What a blessing good friends are. I wouldn't trade them for anything! My other friend called numerous times to check on me. She was going to come over but she lives more than 30 minutes away....and has a toddler, teenager and husband to care for....I told her all would be ok....just pray!!

After the initial drama was over we had a decent weekend. Lots of hockey, meaning lots of driving across the dfw metroplex. But....we had lots of time to talk and THAT was GOOD! Communication is the key to living with a teenager, I believe.

That Other Kid handled the busy weekend pretty well till Sunday night when he announced he just wanted to stay home and watch TV.....Daddy was staying home, so daddy and That Other Kid had 4 hours of time together. That's the longest they have spent together by themselves so it was a GOOD Night!

So far this week.....no drama with the teenager, no drama with the toddler and no drama with the adults.....It's been a slow week.....just school, work and errands. and A little hockey thrown in for good measure! We have another couple of nights ahead of us, then it's over till the weekend, yeah!

Soooo what have you been doing this week???

1 comment:

koinonia community said...

Wow! Sounds like it is time to rest and restore! Hope the rest of your week remains uneventful.