Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Legos and Smoke Alarms

3 days later That Other Kid is STILL playing with big bros Legos....soo again I say Praise God for Legos.....I've gotten a number of THINGS done in the past few days that I normally don't have a chance to do, since he has been occupied, gloriously occupied! I have had to take occasional breaks from "my stuff" to play Legos but these times have not lasted long - he just LOVES these Legos.....

On a totally different note.... Do you change your batteries in your smoke alarms 2 times a year like you're supposed to? or are you like our family and wait until they start beeping constantly and driving you to insanity to change them? We abide by the latter.....and last night the blasted thing started beeping at 5 a.m. -- I ask why 5 am??? Why can't that blasted battery wait 3 or 4 more hours??? The past few times we have had to change batteries they start beeping at 5 a.m. What is magical about 5 am?? I think it is to cost me precious hours of sleep....of course no one else in the house is bothered by this irritating constant beeping, so dh got the pleasure of changing the battery first thing this morning and now there is peace so a person could sleep, BUT now the sun is up and everyone knows that you just can't sleep while the "sun is up" according to That Other Kid's policy. I on the other hand could sleep "on a gravel road with traffic going past me" according to dh! Ah....the joys of mothering!

That Kid is studying for a Chemistry exam this afternoon and no, I AM NOT the teacher for this class!!--- I wouldn't want you to get the idea that I know ANYTHING about Chemistry....except I can spell it!! Science isn't my thang....he goes to a lab class and is doing well in it. I was recording grades last night, as I had gotten a little behind -- like a week or 2..... and I did a little check on his progress and I was pleasantly surprised! He is making A's and high B's in ALL his subjects, and he has a TON of them......so yeah!!

Gotta go play Legos.....ya'll have a good day! and don't forget to check in tomorrow to see my weight loss for the week!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Those smoke alarms only beep for new batteries in the middle of the night. I think it must be the law or something.
I have spent countless hours more than one time roaming thru my house like a zombie trying to figure out which one is beeping while everyone else sleeps like a baby.
I love being the mom.

Good luch with you weigh in tomorrow!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Checking in for your weigh in, but I don't see it yet! :-)
Path to Health