Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Bible Says....

in Psalm 127:3 Don't you see that children are God's best gift? the fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Basically that means our children are blessings from God, right? Well then, why do I continually feel like my children are a curse?
I know I'm not the only one out there that feels this way, either....I read blogs....I'm somwhat educated. (I have 2 years of college education)....why can't I get through a day dealing with my 2 boys that I don't want to bury my head in the sand and just say....."Do whatever you want! I'm on vacation!"
I know many of you out there have A LOT more than 2 children and they are much closer in age than mine (13 years apart). How DO YOU manage to get through the day without some major breakdowns?
This month has been an exceptionally trying month in our household. I've been sick forever, money has been tight, the teenager has tested us beyond normal bounds and the little guy has needed extra attention. The house needs a major cleaning and school work needs to be graded and all I wanna do is "blow a gasket" and say "you people are on your own".
There are a couple of blessings in this turmoil -- my mother-in-law is back safe and sound from her 3 week vacation so I can VENT to her as well as all my blogging pals and regardless of how I FEEL GOD is in control!!! In addition to these blessings my dh has realized that he has to step up to the plate and be a dad sometimes -- instead of working 24/7. He spent Friday night with That Kid, as well as all day Saturday and Tuesday night. Wow-- now that was a BLESSING.

All my whining to God this past week has taught me at least 1 thing -- regardless of how I feel Children really are a blessing from God and to be treasured. I know this deep down, but sometimes I have to remind myself of it. Do you?????

2 comments:

koinonia community said...

Whenever I run into really trying times, I ask myself (and God) WHY, WHY, WHY. Why am I going through this? Romans 8 tells us that in ALL things God works for the GOOD of those who love Him. Well, I love Him! Where is the good? I am sure it is coming. He told me so!

Maybe it is so your dh realizes that he has a job more important than his occupation. That is what happened to us. My husband was working 70-80 hours a week at work, and either helping others or falling asleep when off work. Things here got horrible! The kids wouldn't listen to either of us. They fought all the time. Everything was falling apart. I was exhausted from doing everything, and very grumpy, even somewhat depressed. He was too. And everything at his job was falling apart too. They couldn't keep workers.

He started taking more responsiblity at home, and giving up some at work (along with some hours). Funny thing happened. Things at work GOT DONE! They are even getting some workers who (get ready for this) WORK! The kids attitudes are improving, and so is mine.

I know this is kind of long but I hope it helps. Your story just sounded so familiar.

Lisa said...

Hang in there! Everyone goes through periods of time where they just want to throw in the towel. I have been there so many times. Being the mom is the hardest job in the world. I don't have any real good advice to offer, but will be thinking of you because you are not alone!!