Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Been Busy Drivin'

I'm still here....I've just been busy driving all over the DFW metroplex for the past few days. In case you are not familiar with this metropolitan area, driving all over it is no small feat. The DFW area encompasses more than 75 square miles and I traveled a good bit of it this past weekend.

That Kid plays ice hockey and works as an official also. He practiced 1 time, played 2 games, and refed 9 games in the past 4 days. In addition to that he went to see a good friend that lives about 20 miles from us. Normally, very little of this would effect me, but.....since I took his car keys and drivers license away I get the privilege of driving again. By the time it was all said and done last night, I was EXHAUSTED....I fell into bed and was instantly asleep!
That Other Kid was a real trooper....I bought him a new movie to watch as we drove around. The Incredibles-- very cute if you have little kids, was his choice of movie when we went to Target to look around for something to help entertain him. Today, though he was a real whiner --- he wanted to stay home and PLAY with his stuff. I guess sitting in a car seat and driving around for hours and hours lost its appeal after doing it 3 days in a row!

School is going good, but I've got some grading to do so I better get to it. That Kid got a 87 on his math test last Wednesday, and a 87 on his Chemistry test, and a 90 on his writing assignment. I have to record it all and a bunch of other stuff. I only have about 1 hour of peace and quiet till That Kid and DH come home from yet another night of hockey/driving. I get Tuesday nights off to do my own thing and catch up....I just need to do it instead of sitting here on the computer.
Well I better get to it or the guys will be home before I even do the first thing on my LONG, LONG list!
I'll check back in tomorrow with my weigh in....don't expect much...I haven't been to the gym forever and I haven't been very careful about eating right either.....but I've got to start documenting it anyway. Maybe if it's documented I will start being more faithful.
nighty-night!!!!!

No comments: