Saturday, June 13, 2009

8 Things About Me!

Heather (and fellow BLUE Team member) tagged me for a meme last Friday and my week has been so crazy that I am just getting around to doing anything except the bare minimums. This meme is called 8 Things About Me and then I'm supposed to tag 8 other people. Let's see if I can find 8 people to tag!!

8 Things I am looking forward to:

1. Sending my oldest son off to college in just 2 months 1 week! Fortunately, he'll only be 45 minutes away (cuz I am also dreading it)!
2. Teaching my youngest son to read, write, and do 'rithmetic! I'll be homeschooling him this fall for kindergarten!
3. LOSING 60 more pounds by Christmas time!
4. Finally being able to go into a "regular" store and buy clothes! It's been way too long since I have been able to shop in a "normal" store!
5. Spending some time playing with my new phone dh bought me Wednesday afternoon!
6. Exercising with my new DVD (10 Minute Solution - Sculpt, Tone & Shape with the Figure-8) that I bought this afternoon. (I'll let you know how it is after I am done tonight)!
7. Going to bed before 1 a.m. tonight! It has been after 1 a.m. all week when I finally have got to bed.
8. Getting organized in my home! This is something that needs to be done desperately!


8 Things I did yesterday:

1. Got up at 6:30 a.m. (for the 2nd day in a row)! I'm not a morning person! 8 a.m. is REALLY early to me!!
2. Spent a lot of time with That Kid without That Other Kid any where around! We had College Registration and Orientation and a 5 year old is not a welcome participant!
3. Bought Dallas Baptist University apparel!
4. Walked around A LOT in Texas heat and humidity!!
5. Sweated (see #4)
6. Met a lot of very helpful and wonderful Christian people who will be a GREAT influence on That Kid EVERY.SINGLE.DAY for the next 4 years (I hope)!!
7. Relaxed and watched The Stanley Cup Finals with That Other Kid!
8. Folded laundry that had been sitting for at least 1 week!!


8 Things I wish I could do:

1. Be "skinny" overnight!!
2. Travel!! EVERYWHERE!! Problem is I HATE to fly!! So this may be difficult to accomplish!
3. Keep my house clean!
4. Make my children do the things they know they are supposed to do without constant nagging or prompting from me!
5. Go shopping and not worry about the price of the things I see that I want!
6. Be organized!
7. Scrapbook and cross-stitch and quilt, and other crafty "mom" things. I have grand plans but don't seem to have to the time or motivation to actually 'get 'er done'!
8. Get all my curriculum planned and purchased for the new school year before August!


8 Shows I watch:

1. The 10 p.m. News (usually at 11 p.m. or later) Thanks to the DVR feature!!
2. Dora the Explorer
3. Turbo Dogs
4. Sid the Science Kid
5. Backyardigans
6. Dragon Tales
7. Little Bill
8. During the hockey season I try to watch EVERY Dallas Stars Hockey game that is broadcast on tv!

As you can see TV is not exactly one of my hangups....but it is obviously one of That Other Kid's hangups!! We'll have to change that over the summer so that he can get his school work done!


8 Peeps Tagged:
1. Bev
2. Her Sister Barb
3. Sarah (the first blog I read faithfully!)
4. DeeDee
5. Heather She's so stinkin' funny! and very real...that's why I love her so much!
6. Antique Mommy She is a wonderul lady with a son about That Other Kid's age! That makes her even more cool in my eyes!
7. Alyson Another favorite of mine who lives on a farm in Canada.
8. Anita (a Blue Team member!!) Go Blue!

Well there you go!! More than you ever wanted to know!! Hope you are having a great weekend!!

No comments: