Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm Bored!!!

You know when it's summer because the kids all sit around and complain that they are bored if they aren't at the swimming pool, right??

Well that's how I feel right now....I'm bored!! I'm bored of my routine, boring life. I need to add some spice to my life, but I don't really know how or what to do about it.

I need to clean the house, from top to bottom, but the idea of doing it makes my skin crawl! I'm tired of doing the same things everyday, but don't really have any ideas on what to do differently. I have so many things to clean and organize that I don't really know where to start. I have records to organize and some to shred, but I need to buy a shredder to do it right, so there they sit in the living room, making me feel like a lazy bum for not getting it done.

I'm tired of sitting around and reading about other people taking great vacations with their families and doing cool things, and all I'm doing is sitting here doing nothing....I want to do something fun!! But...I'm the only one in the family that seems to want to do anything. That Kid is busy with his part time job and hanging out with friends, That Other Kid just wants to swim, play with Legos, or play hockey (destroying my home in the process). I want to go somewhere and do something EXCITING!! But what?? I don't know!!

All this and I'm tired of spending every evening exercising. I would like to sit back and watch a movie, or go have an appetizer with a friend or go to bed early for a change. But I can't quit now....I'm finally seeing some progress and I really don't want to be FAT ANYMORE!! So I spend my days being bored with so many things to do that I don't want to do, and I spend my evening exercising! Maybe when I'm not FAT I'll have more motivation to do something else with my day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to give yourself a break. Literally. Missing one night of exercising is not going to make you go off track. Sit back. Watch a movie. That is NOT going to make you fat.

As far as the docs that are piling up...can you stick them in a box under a bed until you can get the shredder? You'll have a place to put them that's not right out in the middle.

Take a deep breath. Things will get better.

Heather D said...

You poor thing. I know how you feel. The only thing we're doing this summer is hanging in the yard.

Do you have a space for a kiddie pool? They're like ten bucks, you should make yourself a little oasis. Find a couple of good books at the library and dip in your toes. It'll help, I promise!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, Ann, I feel your pain. I really do, because I'm often feeling it myself. There's housework, schoolwork, the same old day after day after day. I always look forward to my husband being home on the weekends, so we can leave the house and do something fun as a family, only to find that all he wants to do is sit around the house and do nothing!

Maybe try mixing up your routine? On the rare occasion I wake up early enough to get a workout in before the kids are up, it really changes my mindset for the day. AND frees up my evenings.

Otherwise, maybe borrow a trashy romance novel from the library, slather some coconut scented suntan oil (SPF 50, of course!) on yourself, and sit outside pretending you're at the beach!

It will get better. The funks don't last forever. But when they hit, they hit hard, I know! Keep in touch, e-mail any of us if you need a friend!